It can be really helpful when someone is trying to answer a question for you, if they have your name, a link to your site and your email address. You can have this automatically added to the end of every post you make by setting up a SIGNATURE.
To create a SIGNATURE do the following:
- click on My Account at the very top of the forum
- click on Edit
- enter your stuff in the Signature box
You are allowed 5 lines of SIGNATURE
This is what is typed into my Signature box:
Ian Harrop <br />
Webmaster - Western Hospitality Singers <br />
www.sing4fun.ca <br />
LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST TO SEE MY SIGNATURE AS IT WAS AUTOMATICALLY ADDED TO THIS POST
- I have added <br /> to the end of each line to make sure that I get 5 separate lines
- I have 2 domain names that go to the same place (a short one is good for advertising)
- web addresses and email addresses are automatically converted into links in your Signature.
- I put the www. in front of the web addresses so the system would be sure to recognize them as web addresses and convert them.
- DON'T FORGET TO CLICK "SAVE"
If you haven't uploaded a picture, now is a good time to do so. I use a cartoon because it looks so much better than I do in real life!