The hardest part about getting the most out of Groupanizer, for most groups, is just getting people into the habit of using it! But some people have had clever ideas about how to attack this problem, such as:
- Seems obvious but train the members! Just bring a laptop with a wireless internet connection, and walk the members through the basics while projecting onto a big screen. If you haven't done this yet, schedule it!
- Writing a weekly blog entry (see above)
- Taking attendance right at rehearsal, using a laptop or phone with remote internet.
- Print out the Song Status report and walk it around rehearsal, asking each person if their status is accurate. Divide this task up amongst the section leaders, each with a separate sheet.
- Post things they'll want to see! Polls are a great one - everyone wants their voice to be heard, especially if the poll topics are important ones, such as music selection and other group decisions.
What has worked for you? Click on "add new comment" below and share your wisdom, or your questions. (You do have to be logged in or you wont' see the link)